Geo Expertise is a non-profit organization governed by its own statutes and by articles 60 and following of the Swiss Civil Code. It is denominationally neutral. The headquarters of the association are in the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland.
The association works towards the following goals :
- Promote the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as an essential decision-support tool in the following areas :
• Sustainable development
• Natural resource management
• Promotion of human rights
- Contribute to the collection of geographic databases and relevant information for making reasoned decisions in the aforementioned areas
- Contribute to the production of thematic maps
- Contribute to the publication of directories and statistical reports
- Contribute to the strengthening of NGOs and public and private bodies’ capacities through the development of appropriate GIS tools
- Encourage knowledge sharing and exchanges on the development of GIS tools and access to new information and communication technologies.
Geo Expertise’s team includes local, regional and international experts with various backgrounds: economics, geography, hydrogeology, geology, engineering, agriculture, environment, law, governance, international relations, conflict and peacebuilding.
The founders of Geo Expertise are
- Imed Ben Hammadi
- Hayat Tib Ben Hammadi
- Ahmed Haj Asaad
The members of the scientific committee are:
- Professor Ronald Jaubert
- Professor in Development Studies – The Graduate Institute, Geneva
- Professor at the Geography Institute of the University of Lausanne
- Dr. Mohamed al-Dbiyat
- Researcher at l’Institut français du Proche-Orient. Specializations: Human geography and spatial socio-economic analysis
- Manager of the Map library in Damascus
- Dr. Omar Shamaly holds a degree in Geological sciences from the University of Damascus, Syria and post-graduate diplomas in hydrogeology and geophysics from the high institute of Lengeprovodkhouse (USSR). He worked as Director of the Orontes basin Directorate and Director of water resources in Homs Governorate.He is Director of Geo Expertise Turkey. He has set up a training program on water management during crisis and a humanitarian aid program on drinking water supply in Syria
- Dr. Youness Chtaini is a geologist in charge of GIS (Geographic Information System) and of Geology within our organization. Graduated from the University of Grenoble in Geosciences, Youness Chtaini has accumulated a great range of experiences on the field during his previous positions. He has also been involved in sustainable development in Switzerland, as well as internationally. Additionally, Youness works on projects supporting the popularization of sciences within schools. He is also a member of the Swiss Association of Environmental Professionals, the Swiss Society of Hydrology, as well as the Swiss Society of Geology.
- Dr. Wasim Ali
- Hayat Tib Ben Hammadi
- Accessibilité à la santé, Droits de l’Homme
- Defne Gonenc
- Politique globale de l’environnement
- Gouvernance globale
- Ahmad Alaloush, holds a degree in veterinary from the Al-Baath University, Syria and participated in training in Rapid Rural Appraisal, Personal safety and security, First aid & Information security awareness, Effective strategy planning using the balanced score and special administrative behavior of organizations. He worked in humanitarian aid in Syria. He works with the program in the planning of data collection in the crisis.
- Ibrahim Dybou, holds a degree in mechanical engineer from the University of Aleppo, Syria. He worked as Director of pumping stations in the authority for Drinking Water and Sanitation in Idlib -Syria. He is Adviser Geo Expertise. He is setting up a training program on Installation and operation and maintenance of pumping stations equipment.
- Rima Ghalib, holds a degree in Hydraulic enginnering from the University of Aleppo, Syria, and participated in training in Water resources management during crisis and Drinking water quality standards in emergencies. She worked in private engineering office and in the Directorate of technical services. She was volunteer in the Red – Crescent organization and in BIR Association.
- Ahmed Haj Asaad is currently completing a PhD at the Faculty of Geosciences and Environment, University of Lausanne, Switzerland. He holds an engineering degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of Aleppo, Syria and post-graduate diplomas in Development Studies, Human Ecology and geomatics from the University of Geneva. His doctoral research focuses on water management as a tool for post-conflict peace-building and reconciliation. He co-founded Geo Expertise Switzerland : firstname.lastname@example.org