Context of the internship : The Water for resilience and reconciliation program in Syria
Access to safe drinking water is a fundamental human right, yet in Syria it is a critical issue. Widespread insecurity and looting, the weaponization of water, the flight of trained personnel, a lack of spares and energy shortages have all severely degraded the country’s water infrastructure. Today, about 70% of the population lacks access to safe drinking water, and the situation is continually worsening. With unsafe sources of water supply, Syrians are increasingly vulnerable to contaminated water, waterborne diseases and price gouging. Furthermore, deterioration of irrigation water supply has led to a drastic decline in agricultural production as water diversion and destruction of networks have become commonplace. Lack of water is, consequently, a major driver of population displacement. Water is a strategic entry point into addressing needs across sectors. While not a solution to all problems in Syria, improving access to safe water and restoring water infrastructure contributes to efforts in health, livelihood, food security and shelter. Water is not only essential to immediate emergency relief, it is also integral to longer term prospects. Water and water sharing, will be an important element in the recovery and reconciliation process.
Geo Expertise is looking for trainees in fundraising (50% or full time) in the framework of its program «Water for resilience and reconciliation in Syria».
Terms of the internship,
- Provide assistance to project manager in the field of fund raising
- Collect data and build donor files,
- Identify potential opportunities and assist in grant writing proposals and donor meetings,
- Prepare and conduct marketing campaigns,
- Organize roundtables.
- Student in Master degree: Commerce, Fundraising, international relations, development or humanitarian affairs.
- Experience in fundraising, community management, event management, database and contacts management,
- Able to work independently and to take intiavtives,
- Strong organizational and writing skills,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Impact oriented and positive thinking.
English and French (Arabic is advantage)
Dates and duration:
As soon as possible; for 2 months mininum – 6 month maximum
This internship is unpaid, only a fee of 100 CHF (transportation fees) per month is attributed to the trainee.
To submit your application, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org