The aim of the training program is to strengthen the capacities of Syrian civil society associations and local councils to implement emergency relief and rehabilitation assistance projects to improve the access to water for domestic and agricultural purposes.
The aim of the training is to strengthen the capacities of Syrian civil society associations and local councils to implement water relief and rehabilitation projects to improve the access to water for domestic and agricultural purposes.
This component comprises two courses.
The objectives of the courses are to provide advance training in:
• Water resources;
• Project design and planning;
• Water infrastructure rehabilitation;
• Local water management;
• Data monitoring and processing.
• Water sources and the hydrologic cycle;
• Planning and determination of water demands;
• Hydrogeology principles for the selection well drilling sites;
• Wells equipment and investment.
Following this course, participants will collect data on water sources and the state of infrastructure in their work area. This data will be reviewed and analyzed in the second training course.
• Data monitoring and analysis;
• Water infrastructure components and rehabilitation;
• Water quality and suitability for different purposes;
• Local collective water management and cost recovery
Dam safety and dam break flood wave calculation, Reyhanli, February, 2016
Water Management and Maintenance of Water Supply Systems, Joubas, December 2015 & January 2016
Water collective management in emergency situation, Antakya, November, 2015
Water management and water quality, Antakya, November, 2015
Water collective management, Salinurfa, Septembre 2015
Water resources and Management water quality, Salinurfa, Septembre 2015
Water resource and management, Reyhanli & Antakya, Jaune & October 2015